Vizsla Rescue is a charity that exists to help re-home Hungarian Vizsla’s whose owners don’t want them any more – for whatever reason.
Run entirely on a voluntary basis, the Vizsla Rescue provides a temporary sanctuary for an unwanted dog, ensure that it is cared for and healthy while actively seeking to find a new, loving home.
The circumstances of the owners often change: separation, redundancy, increased pressure at work can all lead to the dog not getting the time and attention it needs. Children, illness, death are other contributory factors as well as the fact that some Hungarian Vizslas are just not wanted anymore.
Vizsla Rescue provide the resources to enable:
- Collecting of Vizslas
- Visiting new homes
- Interviewing of new owners
- Providing of temporary or foster homes
- Telephone support talking to people most of whom are at a difficult crossroads in their own lives
- Taking calls from people who show an interest in offering a home for a Vizsla and establishing that it will be a good and permanent home
- Providing information for those who want to know more
Vizsla Rescue is run entirely by volunteers on a non-profit basis, but running costs are high; food, vets bills and administration need to be paid for. Luckily, many are willing to contribute to this effort and it is only the generosity of these individuals that allow the Vizsla Rescue to continue its vital work.