Vizsla Rescue is a charity that exists to help re-home Hungarian Vizsla’s whose owners can not keep them or do not want them any more – for whatever reason.
With over 35 years experience of the breed the Vizsla Rescue team is run entirely on a voluntary basis, all with first hand experience of owning and caring for their own Vizslas and rescue Vizslas.
Vizsla Rescue provides a temporary sanctuary for any unwanted dog, ensuring that he/she is cared for and healthy while actively seeking to find a new, loving home. We never advertise dogs online and seek to match people to dog and dog to people – ensuring that every dogs finds its perfect new home.
The circumstances of the owners often change: separation, redundancy, increased pressure at work can all lead to the dog not getting the time and attention it needs. Children, illness, death are other contributory factors as well as the fact that some Hungarian Vizslas are just not wanted anymore.
Vizsla Rescue provide the resources to enable:
- Collecting of Vizslas
- Visiting new homes
- Interviewing of new owners
- Providing of temporary or foster homes
- Telephone support talking to people most of whom are at a difficult crossroads in their own lives
- Taking calls from people who show an interest in offering a home for a Vizsla and establishing that it will be a good and permanent home
- Providing information for those who want to know more
Vizsla Rescue is run entirely by volunteers on a non-profit basis, but running costs are high; food, vets bills and administration need to be paid for. Luckily, many are willing to contribute to this effort and it is only the generosity of these individuals that allow the Vizsla Rescue to continue its vital work.